Thursday, April 22, 2010

Disowned

I never thought I would say this, but I have officially been disowned by my father.

Wow.... this hurts more than I thought it would. If only he knew how I felt.

One part of me is relieved: I don't have to deal with his endless ranting, cussing at me, and saying things that make no sense.

The other part of me feels like my childhood was a waste: Being a "daddy's girl" and believing everything he said when now I only feel an empty void and nothing but pain and hurt.

I don't know how I feel.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Ariel, I'm so sorry. You'll be in my prayers.

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Ariel. It is good to look on the bright side, though. I think it may be a good thing to not have to deal with him anymore, but it is not good that it has to come with a harsh separation.
    Just remember you have a heavenly daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Ariel. :( I have been praying for you and I will continue to pray. Just remember that God is the best father you could ever have! :) Let him fill that void. I love you!
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember to keep HIS feelings in mind...He went thru & still IS going thru a hurtful situation and is trying to get you to see that and what has happened. It's very possible, that he just wants you to see his side and understand what has happened to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear "Anonymous",
    No matter how much pain he is in, the importance of a father keeping a loving connection with his daughter far supersedes her need to understand his feelings. He can better help her understand his side of the situation by pursuing a healthy and loving relationship with her first, and then worrying about whether or not she understands.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!