Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

I decided to make two resolution lists this year: one for my blog, and one for RL. First I'll start with my blog:

1. Do more reviews. I tend to read a book just for the fun of it, and not worry about reviews. However there are some books I regret reviewing simply because either they were too good not to pass on, or because they were not as great as I had hoped.

2. Possibly make blog changes. I've been focusing more on book blogging on this blog, when originally this was my personal blog. I really love this layout and don't want to give it up either. I'm considering making a separate new blog just for book blogging, and keeping this one personal. Not to mention my private blog that I still post on every once in awhile. I just don't know if I want this blog to mix personal life and reading anymore.

3. Post more. I have started only posting reviews or when big stuff happens, and I regret that. I love blogging, and I want to do it more. I think I will go back to past post I did with my tentative weekly schedule, and start that. Hopefully that will get me back into the swing of posting more :)

And now for life itself:

1. Monitor my eating better. I have never been a healthy eater, and I know that. However, when I went to the doctor's for my kidney stones they told me that diets high in fat, salt and sugar are large contributors. Unfortunately, that's pretty much my diet :/ I want to be strong in cutting down on unhealthy foods and being aware of what I'm eating. Thankfully I can still eat sweets! :)

2. Spend more time with people, and less on the computer. This will be interesting, especially if I want to post more on here :P But I've been realizing how much time I waste just reading blogs or surfing FB, and how much time I miss spending with my family and friends. I haven't gotten to see my brother much, and while that's partly due to the fact that he's at my dad's a lot, I know I could spend time with him while he's here.

3. Read my Bible more. This past year I had a 365 day Bible that I read, but not too regularly. And while it was okay, I definitely prefer devotional readings to just simple Bible passages. I might look around for something :)

4. Get my license. Honestly, the only reason I haven't is because I don't have enough practice. I'm not afraid of driving; I just don't do it often enough. I just need to set aside time to go driving, especially now that I have someone over 21 in the house all day who could take me.

That's all I can think of at the moment.... but I will update this if I get more :) If any of you have resolutions, post them here so I can read them! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by! :) I absolutely love the style of your blog. I can definitely feel you on the resolutions of eating healthier and cracking open my Bible more often, they're both on my list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny - I'm actually trying to un-separate all my personal and book stuff. I got to the point where having separate blogs was too much to handle for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten my license yet because I am TERRIFIED.

    I started sobbing behind the wheel once. ...It's bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!