Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Meeting beyond words....

Wow.

That is my reaction to the AA meeting I attended for my psych class tonight. I was not expecting to get much out of it, but boy was I wrong.

I don't really feel like going into too much detail, as it is something that is very personal to me, but the lesson they shared reminded me of my own struggles. Here is a small bit of my response paper: "I would never have had the courage to accept what I had done and recover from it unless I had hit that bottom and had no where to go but up. A person doesn’t want to admit they need help until it’s unbearable for them, and that was where I was at. Luckily my friends supported me all the way, helping me by checking up on me and sometimes even simply telling me I was loved and important." If you'd like to read the rest of it, feel free to ask, but I can't guarantee I will say yes. This is a hard topic for me to even write about, let alone share with others, so give me time.

I'm really glad I went tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad! It's amazing how God can give you help in the most unexpected ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, now that I think about it, it's amazing how a class assignment of going to an AA metting can really help give insight into life and help with struggles. The meeting I went to was good as well. It made me realize how many struggles alcoholics have and it gave me insight into my own life. God works in wonderful ways. :)
    ~Rachel <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!