Thursday, July 9, 2015

The DCP Challenge

It's no secret that Nick and I plan to return to Disney. We miss it like crazy; it's where we want to be. Our plan is to attend the Spring 2016 DCP in Disney World, and then the Fall 2016 DCP in Disneyland and stay on in Disneyland if we can afford it. However, that poses a challenge.

A money challenge.

We're getting married and going on a Disneyland honeymoon in October, which isn't cheap. There are fees for both CPs, not to mention we want to pay our rent ahead of time if we can. That right there is over $1000 for each of us.

Therein lies our challenge. We are spending as little money as we can over the next few months. Yes, we're paying for the basics: tithe, rent, cell phones, gas, groceries, and school loans. Plus we both allot a tiny bit of free spending a month so we don't go crazy. But other than that we are shoving over $300 a month each into savings. It feels good, but it's a challenge. It takes effort to not go buy that book I want, or purchase more planner supplies.

But I know this challenge is worth it. Because in the end, our dreams are worth it.

I'm linking up with Mama Kat's writer's workshop! Head over to see the other entries.

11 comments:

  1. I love Disney, too. We'll be going in November. I don't know what a DCP is, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be writing a post in the near future about it! It's the Disney College Program :)

      Delete
  2. Man, that's awesome! I really want to start orienting our budgeting like that... Right now we're not saving anything, our money just gets used up every month! It's not the best set-up for future planning. :( thanks for the inspiration of self control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely hard! Nick is the better saver than I am. I love to spend money :P But I figure our wedding and Disney are more of a priority for my money than the little things!

      Delete
  3. I never heard of Disney College Program before. Sounds interesting! I can't wait to find out what it is. And I LOVE DISNEY!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://hldjournal.blogspot.com/2015/07/my-book-review.html

      Delete
    2. It's so much fun! Stay tuned for an info post on it :)

      Delete
  4. Disney is magical! So hard to save up, but it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We miss it, and can't wait to go back :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I have a good friend who did the DCP and she loved it. It would be awesome if you did it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually done it once before, Fall 2013 :) That's where my fiance and I met! We just miss it like crazy and so want to go back!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!