Thursday, April 15, 2010

The future.....

Sorry for posting so much lately, but I've been doing a lot of thinking.

Watching her get voted off tonight when she did so well this week.... It made me realize that circumstances can change in a heart beat.

My future...... I don't have it all planned out. I know what I want to do, but I don't know if it;s what I'm supposed to do or where God is leading me. I have an idea, but is it what He wants?

What college am I going to? People keep asking me that, and I don't know. I have my three choices, and I have my grad school picked out, but I don't have the money to afford college, and no job to support myself with.

Then there's all relationships of every kind..... Will they remain they way they are? Will they worsen? Get better? Will everything work out, or should it end now?

I don't like not knowing what's gonna come. The future scares me, and it scares me a lot. Only now am I beginning to realize just how much I need to pray and lean on God. I'm grateful for my friends; without them I don't know where I'd be and I'm sure I'd have no faith in God.

The other day my brother told me for the first time that he was gonna miss me when I left. I almost cried. I love him so much, and it's hard only seeing him every other week. I don't know how we're gonna survive the distance.

I could write so much more on my fears and concerns regarding the future and where it'll take me, but I need to get to bed soon, and I doubt you want to read another novel by me.

It would be so nice to just stop time....

3 comments:

  1. Ariel, the future is scary. I would just remind you to take it one step at a time. You have figured out some parts of your future, at least for now, which is more than you knew a couple days ago! Be grateful for how God is leading you, and just be patient to find out what else he has in store. We can only see a couple pieces at a time of the beautiful picture the puzzle of our lives will be one day.

    I love you! Keep your head up and try not to worry too much about what you can't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariel~ I'm glad that you're seeking God's will. Keep praying and following God. If there is any way I can help, let me know, but I think the best thing to right now is to lean on God for guidance and strength. Also, I'll bring that book tonight, Just Do Something and you can read it. It might help. I love you, I am very proud of you, and it's been so good to see how much you've grown as a person and in your walk with God this year! :)
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ariel,
    Don't know if I'm the one to tell you about what God wants, but I think that if you have something that you want to do, you should do it. If God has a different plan in store for you, then He will correct your path and set you on the right course.

    But even when He is sending you in the right direction, you'll never know if you don't move. Like my mom always tells me, just do something! The future is full of mystery and choices, but moving and doing things instead of sitting and waiting for things to happen to you is the best way to narrow down the options and get on the course that you feel the best with :)

    I'm glad I met you,
    -Will

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!