Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Peace!

Do you ever get that overwhelming sense that you're finally doing something right? Well I finally have, and I would like to title it peace.

For those who don't already know, I finally think I've settled on a career field: I want to be a school librarian. I would do my Grad degree in Library Science but because there is no Undergrad degree for it, I'm not sure what I'll do for my major yet. I'm leaning towards Computer and Information Science, but we'll see. I e-mailed a few different people in that career field to ask them what they thought was a good plan.

I think I will be volunteering at the public library here in Dallas :) I'm super stoked for it, and it might even lead to a paid internship! I also hope to volunteer a little at DHS's library, but I don't know if I can do that yet.

I am so grateful for friends who keep pushing me to look for my strengths and helping me to find where I should go. It is so relieving to finally have a plan, even if it's only a partial one! Thank you all for your prayers :)

6 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! That would be great to get a paid internship, and it's so great that you've discovered a passion that you have! :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!! I'm so happy for you :D I am absolutely stoked that you have found something you will enjoy pursuing. Congratulations! What an answer to prayer :)

    Lots of love, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber: Thank you! I'm really excited :)

    Leanne: THANK YOU!!! It's because of you I figured it out :) I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So, will you be going to OSU next year? Or is that another decision yet to make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno yet. I'm hoping to get accepted at George Fox, because I can specialize in Information Science under my major, whereas OSU is just Computer Science. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so excited for you! God is truly faithful in answering prayers! I'm glad you have peace with your decision and that you have found your passion. :) That's so cool that you're going to be volunteering at the Dallas Public Library and an internship would be awesome! Good job on not giving up in your search for a major, until you had peace. Keep following God and seeking his will for your life! I love you! :)
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!