Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May Festival and computer game

Hmmmmmmmm.

I went to the May Festival today, after spending all day at home resting to make sure I was well enough to go. I'm still sick, but my sinuses aren't throbbing anymore and my nose is much less stuffed up from before. My throat still hurts as well, but not as badly.

So anyways, it was fun. Spending time with my mom at church is not a usual occurrance, so this was a bit of a treat for me. It went well, and Liney (sp?) immediately took great liking to my mom and proceeded to sit by her the rest of night. My mom said she didn't mind too much though, so that's a relief. The ribs were delicious as always but I'm still not entirely impressed by Mr. Disher's cobbler, no offense. I didn't even finish mine.

The speaker.... oh dear. She said so much I can relate to myself I don't even remember half of it. The one question that is still buzzing in my mind is whether or not it's possible for me to "bloom". I suppose it could be, as she made it sound like everyone does, but I seem to be the one constantly messing up and not getting very far in life. Maybe this is only my perception? Maybe this is temporary? I dunno. One thing that I do know is that my friends care about me more than I thought. I would go into detail, but it was a gesture so kind I'd like to keep it personal, even if it was extremely simple.

I was supposed to be in bed an hour ago, but I was playing a game called Love and Death: Bitten. It's about a girl who sets out to free her village from two vampires but ends up falling in love with one of them and attempts to free him from the other's spell. Let me say right now: they had better make a sequel or I will be VERY disappointed. The game brought up a few questions too, such as would anyone come that close to danger or death to save me? Maybe I'm being too deep.

Well I need to go to bed, or I'm going to be sick again tomorrow. This staying up late thing is not good for my immune system.

2 comments:

  1. Ariel,

    I hope you feel better! It's no fun being sick. :(

    And remember that "with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26b). I'm not sure exactly to what you are referring, but if you mean growing and maturing as a person in general, God can help you! :) None of us can do anything worthwhile on our own without Him.

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariel - I'm so glad you and your mom could come last night. The speaker was very good and I do think that you can "bloom". We all mess up, but we just gotta keep on going. God will help you keep going. Just rely on him. :) I hope you feel better soon!
    Luv ya, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!