Friday, June 4, 2010

Becoming a princess?

"In order to love someone, you must first love yourself..."

This quote keeps running through my head today. I finished Just Do Something this morning, and now I'm finishing up the last chapter of Lady in Waiting. (Yes, I didn't read it!) It's the one titled: Lady of Patience. This one is good for me because I have a habit of not waiting on God or His timing. Anyways, on to the point of my blog.

So that quote is a great one, and very true. I'm sure some people reading this are wondering why I don't love myself and may even think I do. Well I don't hate myself... okay maybe I do every once in awhile. but I don't consistently HATE myself. I just don't see my worth or value. But this poses a big problem. How can I love or care about anyone else, if I can't even give myself the same respect? It explains most of the problems with my friends and other relationships. One of my friends doesn't like dealing with my emotions and my problems all the time, which affects me because I need my friends. However if I focused on this quote more, I wouldn't need to lean on my friends so much.

A part in the Patience chapter talked about how God prepares us into princesses before we can meet our prince. I know I am still not the princess I need to be, but I have a hard time admitting my faults. I'm hoping that by focusing on my faith more I can start becoming who I should be. However I don't think I can ever become real "princess" material, no matter how hard I try.

On top of trying to fix myself, I get very distracted by crushes. Especially ones who everyone thinks likes me. Trying to just sound like a friend is tough.

Well... I guess I'll stop here. I can't really think of anything else to say.

1 comment:

  1. Ariel ~
    This is a very good quote and this past year you have grown in alot of ways, both in your faith and in relationships. As a friend, I am proud of you. Keep up the good work and know that you're not the only one that feels this way. We all feel this way at times and no matter how much we mess up or get off track, we are still a princess to God and we are all still growing in Him and as people. The growing never stops. :) I love you. Just keep going. :)~Rachel
    P.S. - As far as this crush, if you don't think you're ready to be in a relationship, than just try to focus on God rather than this person. God is your true love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!