Sunday, August 8, 2010

Triangle Lake

This weekend was nothing short of pure bliss. :)

I forgot how much I love nature! It may sound strange because I hate camping, but it's only because I hate sleeping on the ground. I loved sitting on the dock watching the waves and riding the peaceful sailboat. And nights watching the stars and singing around the campfire was glorious.

I was worried I would get emotional (I tend to get in my moods on retreats and camp-outs) but I didn't even cry once! And I am looking forward to a few talks later this week. :)

A few thoughts from the weekend:

Playing Fluxx: Fluxx is a card game where you start with basic rules and one goal to work towards. However, the rules can get very complicated and you can have the goal changing left and right which makes for a loooooong game. It reminded me how fast life can change. I realized today I leave for college in 19 days. Isn't that crazy to think about??? I'm excited for it, but I still can't believe it's so soon. I still have things to buy! And I'm no where near ready to pack. However, I know that as crazy as life can seem one moment, God can will work it all out and there will be peace. I know that even thought it took me a long time to figure out what to do with my life, that this is where God wants me, and I am so ready. :)

Singing around the campfire: Singing under the stars with most of the group was so nice. I even stopped singing for awhile just to listen to the others and I have never felt that way before. It is impossible to describe, but it was great.

The Sunday morning service: I won't go into too much detail on this, but the sermon Annie's dad gave got me to start thinking about a few intense (haha!) things. Not bad, just intense.

And I bought so many awesome things on Amazon!!! :D I'll let you all know when they come ;)

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you had a good weekend! :D Hope your week is wonderful, as well!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!