Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Why Taking a Blog Break is a Good Thing

Hi friends! You'll remember that through the month of February and half of March, I disappeared from the blog. This was not a planned blog break, but it was one I desperately needed. While I did feel guilty during the break, I've come to realize it was a great thing for me! Here's a few reasons why you should consider your own blogging break.


Your blog does not rule your life //

What?! You mean my blog isn't something I should be thinking about 24/7?? Seriously though, don't let your blog rule your life. There needs to be a balance for everything in life, and that includes blogging and personal free time.

Even full-time bloggers can't be tied down to their blogs //

Bloggers who blog as a profession naturally put a lot of time into their blogs. However, even they need blog breaks too! Just as people with office professions get tired of the same thing over and over, bloggers do too! Which leads me to my next point...

Blogger burnout is a real thing //

It definitely is an issue, even for part-time bloggers. This was a major factor into why my blog break was so long! While I was busy and adjusting to my new schedule here in Florida, honestly my biggest concern was that I didn't feel like blogging. I genuinely didn't feel like taking the time to sit down and pump out even one post. Blogger burnout is a real thing, and that's okay! You need to be able to relax once in awhile.

Self-care is a real thing //

I've seen many bloggers emphasize the importance of self-care (I love Summer's blog!), and it's so true! Many bloggers get so wrapped up in their blogs that they forget to step back, relax, and just take some time to recharge. A blogging break is one of the best times to do that, because you're not forced to go back to blogging any sooner than you want to.

Blogging is actual work //

Many non-bloggers don't understand the time and effort that goes into blogging. Even part-time blogging has many elements to it! With cutting my schedule down to two posts a week, there are still at least three or four days a week when I have to spend multiple hours on blog work to keep my posts consistent and worthy of the quality I want on my blog. Blogging is so much more than writing and publishing posts!

While taking a blog break can feel like you're giving up on your blog, it's really a chance for your to grow and bring better content to your blog in the future. If you're feeling burnout or just don't feel like you're putting your best content out there, I highly encourage considering a blog break of your own.

Have you ever taken a blog break? What did you learn from it? How do you feel about bloggers who take planned or unplanned breaks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!